The Journal of Southeast Asian Speculative Fiction
This issue of LONTAR presents speculative writing from and about Korea, Singapore, Indonesia, Cambodia, Vietnam and Thailand.
Inside these pages, you’ll find:
• a metamorphic love story near the Korean DMZ from award-winner E.C. Myers;
• a brand new supernatural crime tale from bestselling author John Burdett;
• a cautionary tale about Singaporean elitism from Tiffany Tsao;
• an examination of the illusory facets of love from Victor Fernando R. Ocampo;
• a haunting and beautiful evocation of a fantastical Vietnamese floating market from Eliza Chan;
• and speculative poetry from Jerrold Yam, Tse Hao Guang, Ang Si Min, Shelly Bryant and Daryl Yam.
Math Paper Press
MATH PAPER PRESS (est. 2005) is the publishing arm of BOOKSACTUALLY that deals with short experimental novellas, poetry and essays. Math Paper Press also distributes books by selected publishers.
BooksActually also hosts a fortnightly public dinner gathering, BABETTE’S FEAST, where writers are encouraged to share and discuss their works. Math Paper Press will spot new talent during these sessions. Each of the newly discovered writers will be published in a tangible book form, in their very own chapbooks.
1. How do I order your products?
Ordering via our website is fast and convenient—simply point, click and purchase. You will be prompted to create an account with Local Books, but you can also make a purchase without an account.
2. I have a special request for my order. How do I get in touch with you?
You can submit your requests via the enquiry form on our contact page. We usually are able to respond via email within 2 working days.
3. What currency are the listed prices based on?
All listed prices are in SGD (Singapore Dollars).
4. Are there taxes on your goods?
All local purchases are subject to a 7% Singapore Goods and Services Tax (GST). The tax amount is applied to the listed prices during checkout. This provides you with a clear breakdown of what you are paying for, and also helps with our accounting purposes.
If your shipping address is outside of Singapore, then GST will not be applied to your order in accordance to Singapore tax laws.
5. What are the payment methods available?
We accept debit, credit or PayPal payment for local and international orders.
6. How much do you charge for shipping and handling?
For local shipment, we charge a flat rate of $5 for a courier delivery within 5 working days. Local shipping is FREE for orders $80 and above. For international shipment, we charge a flat rate of $20.
7. How will my order be shipped?
We ship via courier.
8. How long will it take for my order to reach me?
For local shipment, you will receive your package within 3-5 working days from the date of your order.
For International shipment, you will receive your package within 5-10 working days, subject to custom clearances
9. I have received a faulty item, how do I go about exchanging it?
We take great care to pack your books carefully. However, in the event that your order is damaged (major dents) or faulty (missing pages, mis-prints), we will look into making a one-to-one exchange. Simply email us at firstname.lastname@example.org the picture of the damaged book, and we will dispatch a new book for you, and collect back the previous copy.