This third issue of LONTAR: The Journal of Southeast Asian Speculative Fiction presents speculative writing from and about Singapore, the Philippines, Cambodia and Taiwan.
Inside these pages, you’ll find:
• the evocation of an alternate ancient Cambodia from multiple award-winner Geoff Ryman;
• an investigative automotive revenge tale from Palanca Grand Prize winner Dean Francis Alfar;
• the mystery of magically appearing furniture from Taiwanese short fiction wunderkind Sabrina Huang
(deftly translated by PEN/Heim grant recipient Jeremy Tiang);
• an uneasy exploration of marital discord on the road from Manila Critics’ Circle National Book Award winner Nikki Alfar;
• a quasi-Ballardian take on beach resort culture from Ben Slater;
• the uniquely Singaporean response to a viral outbreak from JY Yang;
• and speculative poetry from Anne Carly Abad, Arlene Ang, Tse Hao Guang, Cyril Wong, David Wong Hsien Ming and Daryl Yam.
LONTAR has been previously featured on Boing Boing, Adventures of a Bookonaut, Diversity in SF&F, Rocket Kapre, SF Signal and io9.
LONTAR is the world’s only biannual literary journal focusing on Southeast Asian speculative fiction.ISBN: 9789814615754
Page Count: 128
Year Published: 2014